Saturday 3 December 2011

There are recipes when baking for a reason...

I have discovered today that there are acceptable degrees of Janet-type behaviour when it comes to baking.  I thought I could adapt the Hummingbird Bakery marshmallow cupcake recipe to cut out the tedious and frankly wasteful melting-of-marshmallow-to-put-in-the-centre-of-cakes stage.  But no!  A baking disaster ensued...



At first I thought I was on to a winner as the marshmallow expanded and looked like it was melting nicely.  But then as the timer went off at 20 minutes, I could see we had a proper disaster on our hands - what on earth happened to the mallows?!  Hey ho, gotta give these things a go.  Mr WP delighted in pointing out that surely the Hummingbird people had already tried this technique so it wasn't at all surprising it had resulted in crater cakes.

So I made a second batch and decided that simple vanilla cakes with the yummy mini marshmallow topping would do the job nicely enough without faffing about melting things to go in the middle.  A little nod to Janet there all the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment