Tuesday 22 November 2011

Christmas preparations # 1: Christmas Cakes

Thanks to this little guy being such a legend:

Check out Daniel's homemade blanket - a Debbie Bliss design I almost got perfect for once!
I have started to make these individual Christmas Cakes from the latest edition of Country Living magazine:
The rationale being that I am probably the only person that's going to eat them in our house, so why not make 16 cupcake sized cakes soaked, no, drenched, in brandy - last the whole year right?

Here is the fruit soaking in lemon juice, orange juice and brandy.  It smells amazing.  After three days I am allowed to make the cakes.  Then, once made, they have to be 'fed' brandy for four weeks.  I wonder if that is a daily, weekly or perhaps even three hourly thing - kinda like the new son...


(not that he's being fed brandy, no no no!)


1 comment:

  1. Oh, if you have any extra cakes I can help you eat them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete