Thursday 6 October 2011

Bubble Jet Set

I have discovered a new wonder product!  We have been thinking of an economical way to print labels for WP creations.  We tried screen printing (I have a totally creative husband) but it was just way too fiddly.

Then I heard about freezer paper.  An American invention I think, and used a lot by quilters apparently, in what respect I'm not sure.

Anyway, you iron this stuff onto your fabric, cut the fabric/freezer paper combo to A4 size and then run it through your printer.

Genius!

Or so I thought until I washed it and all the ink came off.

Back to the drawing board (or google search) and we discover this miracle in a bottle:

 
I was very doubtful at first, as it looks like water, but there's formaldehyde in it don't you know. 

So, you soak your fabric in it, dry the fabric and repeat the freezer paper printing process and then when you wash the ink stays.

RESULT!

So I can now print my labels and change them as and when I need to.  Thrifty eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment